|Our humble Cretan Kaltsounia (in triangle shape)|
|The ingredients for Cretan Kaltsounia. But the filo pastry is missing in this picture =p|
· 5 sheets of filo pastry – cut to a width of 2 – 3 inches
· 200g melted butter
· 500g of ricotta or mizithra cheese
· 2 eggs
· 1 cup of coarse sugar
· ½ cup of water
· 1 cinnamon stick
· 2 tbsp of baked sesame
1. Boil sugar and cinnamon stick in water until thick. Set aside to chill.
2. To make filling, blend cheese with egg until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
|The mixture of cheese & egg|
3. Brush filo pastry sheets with melted butter. Place one
table spoon of filling on each sheet and fold into a triangle.
Repeat until finish.
4. Heat up Philips Air Fryer at 190°C and fry the
kaltsounia for 8 minutes or until golden brown.